As the National League of Cities explains, public safety is one of the core functions of local governments. Through the implementation of robust police, fire rescue and EMS services, governments ensure their communities are ready for whatever emergencies come their way. Policy initiatives likewise go hand in hand with public safety, including crime reduction strategies like community policing, environmental hazard plans, roadway safety and more.
- 5 big box store community grant opportunities
- On-Demand Webinar: The growing threat of ransomware attacks on public safety agencies
- Tracking coronavirus cases proves difficult amid new surge
- Contact tracing apps aren’t going to solve the pandemic
- Potentially deadly heatwave is setting up across central, southern U.S.