Spotlight: SAFEbuilt is helping communities on the rise
SAFEbuilt partners with communities to help them achieve their development, planning, and compliance goals to become the best version of themselves.
Company Name: SAFEbuilt, LLC
1. Where did your company name originate from?
In 1992, the company only provided building services in Colorado. The founder and then CEO, Mike McCurdie wanted a name that reflected our commitment to ensuring the communities we serve were built and maintained safely, hence SAFEbuilt.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
The company was built on the principal of making a difference in the communities where we live, work and play. We recognized an opportunity to help local governments save money and improve customer service levels. Through quality people and consistent service, SAFEbuilt has been honored to play a role in continually improving lives by developing attractive and safe communities.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Comprehensive Community Development. Today, SAFEbuilt is one of the leading providers of community development services in the country, partnering with more than 700 communities across the United States, including 1,000 projects. We deliver exceptional privatized solutions making communities safer and more innovative, so residents can live better. The core of SAFEbuilt is to provide convenient, affordable and reliable services.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to your vertical community?
Our business practices have been developed and refined over time to ensure the highest levels of service, professionalism and responsiveness in the local government market. SAFEbuilt strives to support and enhance municipalities through proven best practices, qualified personnel, innovative technology and constantly improving service levels.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
First, the 2008/09 recession was a major challenge not only on our clients, but also our employees. Today, as we grow, the challenge is scaling our services to ensure we don't lose our customized approach for each of our individual clients.
6. What makes your company unique?
While we started in 1992 simply providing construction inspections for a few towns in Colorado, today our reach extends to 27 states and our service lines have expanded to include, but are not limited to:
- Full-service Building Department Administration
- Supplemental Plan Reviews and Inspections
- Planning and Zoning
- Code Enforcement
- Community Development Automation Software
- Expedited Plan Review, Inspections and Engineering for Special Projects
- Building Safety Plan Review Services
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Our team members! We pride ourselves on having a great group of professionals who take a proactive and professional approach to meeting our customer needs.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder/local government community?
One of the most rewarding aspects of serving local governments, is that our team members live, work and play in the communities they serve. They are professionally and personally invested in the safety and development of these municipalities.
9. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety/community? Tell us more.
Yes. SAFEbuilt has a notable Community Outreach Program. We have developed several professional and local programs that are designed to serve as educational, outreach and charitable giving, including scholarships. SAFEbuilt welcomes the opportunity to give back to the communities we call home.
10. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you’d like to share with our users about you or your company?
In 1992, the company name was Colorado Inspection Agency – CIA, which made for some interesting phone calls and conversations.
11. What’s next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
SAFEbuilt is always growing, expanding and improving to better serve the 700+ communities we support. We’re looking forward to several major initiatives including advanced branding, website redesign and service line expansion. Watch for our announcements in early 2019.